October 13, 2017 - 8:00am
David Ginsburg, MD
Cargo Receptors in the ER: From Clotting Factor to Cholesterol Regulation
- Understand the Genetic basis and clinical presentation of combined deficiency of Factor V and Factor VIII.
- Understand the power of modern genetic approaches to uncover the molecular pathogenesis of human disease.
- Gain an increased appreciation of the potential for basic biological insights from the study of human disease (beside to bench), as well as translational medicine (bench to bedside).
- Understand the biosynthesis of PCSK9 and its role in the regulation of cholesterol.
- R35-HL135793, National Institutes of Health D. Ginsburg, P.I. The Molecular Genetics of Hemostasis
- D. Ginsburg as a Howard Hughes Medical Institute Investigator
Watch from your desk: If you can’t make Medicine Grand Rounds this week, click here to watch a live stream (just enter your Duke Net ID and password).