Each year, NCATS and the NIH Clinical Center sponsor Rare Disease Day at NIH as part of this global observance. Rare Disease Dat at NIH aims to raise awareness about rare diseases, the people they affect, and the NIH research collaborations under way to address scientific challenges and to advance new treatments.
This year's event will feature interactive panel discussions and more:
- Shortening the diagnostic odyssey.
- Individualized therapies and personalized medicine.
- Expanding and improving access to rare diseases knowledge.
- Inspiring stories through TED-style talks.
- NIH Town Hall question-and-answer session.
- NIH clinical trial resources.
- Posters and exhibits by rare disease groups and researchers.
- Artwork and tours of the NIH Clinical Center and National Library of Medicine.
Admission is free, and the event is open to the public. You can also follow the event on social media using #RDDNIH